Researcher Jim Smith joined Winter Watch’s Russ Winter on the “Patrick ‘Dino’ Ryan Show” on Tuesday to discuss what has been mischaracterized as the “Smiley Face Killer” cases, which involve hundreds of young men whose bodies have been found dumped in waterways and later labeled by officials as drownings.
Common characteristics for these cases: a young, healthy man goes missing; his body is later found in a waterway that has been previously searched by teams; and the condition of the body and/or timeline rules out natural accident/drowning.
There is a dearth of CCTV surveillance video in hundreds of cases that has yet to be release in full.
Russ has written about this topic at length on Winter Watch, and it was a topic of discussion on a previous “‘Dino’ Show.”
Related articles and podcasts:
- Russ Winter Introduces Patrick “Dino” Ryan to the Smiley Face Killers Mysteries (Alex Holden and Ian Powers cases)
- The Smiley Face Killers: More Than 200 Maliciously Drugged Young Men Found Dead from ‘Accidental Drowning’
- Smiley Face Murders: More Victims, A Mother’s Torment and Strange Parallels to Belgium’s Dutroux Murders
- More Inexplicable Cases of Young Men Found Dead in Water
- Is Scopolamine (Devil’s Breath) a Widespread, Undetected Threat?
We also highly recommend watching William Ramsey’s second Vimeo documentary on the phenomenon. For ongoing updates, check out Jim Smith’s Twitter account here. Update: Inexplicably within hours after I promoted Ramsey’s documentary it disappeared from Vimeo.
But no more spoiler alerts. Here’s Jim Smith bringing his own analysis and new details to the cases: May 18, 2021 Episode
For more insights and entertainment, be sure to check out Patrick “Dino” Ryan’s website.